- A colostomy is a surgical procedure that changes the trajectory of food waste through your bowels.
- When part of the colon needs to be bypassed for medical reasons, surgeons make a new opening in your abdominal wall for poop to come out.
- With a colostomy, you poop into a colostomy bag. The operation can be temporary or permanent.
- Wash the stoma and surrounding skin with warm water and pat dry to keep the skin clean and dry
- Check stoma size using a measuring card
- According to the measured shape and the size of the stoma, cut the opening of an appropriate size on the ostomy film. The diameter of the opening is usually about 2mm larger than the stoma. Note: do not cut beyond the maximum pressure line
- peel off the film protection paper
- When wearing the bag, first blow some air into the bag to prevent the bag film from sticking, then align the cut hole with the stoma piece and put it on, first gently press the skin near the stoma, and then gently press it. The film adheres to the skin. When the temperature is low, you can hold the film with your hand for a few minutes. The pressure and temperature of your hand can make the film stick more firmly
- Before cutting the one-piece ostomy bag, please separate the front and back films of the bag body to avoid cutting with scissors
- The film of this product should be pasted for 3-5 days. Excessive use will affect the bonding effect, causing peeling or leakage, and harmful to the skin.
- If the bag has bulge, please use a needle to pierce the air at the top end of the bag. It is recommended to use an activated carbon filter to stick on the air vent to remove the peculiar smell.